Does my coverage transfer to rental or loaner vehicles?

No. The agreement BAA has with the state that allows us to operate indicates we can only provide coverage on vehicles that are owned by members of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite.

What if I forget to enter my vehicle and have a collision?

You should not operate a vehicle without first attempting to inform BAA of your intention to enroll it. Once you have tried to contact BAA via fax, mail, email, text message, voice message, or any other available form of communication, you can assume that it is enrolled, provided that you qualify for this program.  You should follow up with BAA if your message has not been acknowledged within a reasonable time.

Having said that, we recognize that human error is a fact of life. If you have an unfortunate incident before you have contacted us, please call us to discuss your options.

What is comprehensive coverage?

Comprehensive coverage includes breakage of glass, loss caused by projectiles, falling objects, fire, theft, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, malicious mischief or vandalism, riot, civil commotion, animal collision, or hit and run collision. The personal responsibility for comprehensive losses is $250.00 or for heavy equipment $1000.00.

What is collision coverage?

Collision means your car upset or hit or was hit by a vehicle or other object. The personal responsibility for collision losses is $500.00 or for heavy equipment $1000.00.

Is the BAA Loss Report Form necessary?

Yes. The loss report form provides BAA with important information to process your claim correctly. The one exception to using a claim report is for glass claims.

Do I need to file my claim within a certain time frame?

While MUA does have a board-mandated timely filing of thirty days, BAA does not have a timely filing limit. However, we do appreciate the claims filed in a timely manner.

Do I need to get two estimates for repair?

We no longer require two estimates for a repair. Please provide us with one repair estimate from a reputable auto body shop. If the damage exceeds $5000 we will require the shop to submit the estimate directly to us along with photos to document the damage. Except in the case of glass claims or very minor damages, we request that you contact us prior to commencing with any repairs to insure that the claim is taken care of properly.

Does BAA pay on claims if the driver of my vehicle is not properly licensed according to law?

If the loss occurs on a public road, BAA is not responsible for the loss. If the loss occurs on private property, depending on the circumstances BAA may only be responsible for fifty percent of the loss.

What if my vehicle is totaled?

If a credible body shop indicates the vehicle cannot be repaired or the cost of repair is approaching it's current value, please contact BAA and discuss having the vehicle written off. BAA will require you to obtain two salvage bids on the vehicle. Used auto parts salvage yards are typically a good place to obtain bids. If the vehicle is too old it may be difficult to obtain a salvage bid. A scrap metal dealer may also be an option for salvage in such cases.

Why are salvage bids required?

Typically, insurance companies pay out a vehicle in full and take ownership of the vehicle in case of a write off. BAA is an aid plan, and does not have the infrastructure to dispose of salvage vehicles, so we prefer to deduct the highest of the salvage bids from our payment. You retain ownership of the vehicle and can do with it what you choose. However, we require you to obtain salvage bids in order to determine the residual value of your vehicle.

What if I can find a salvage bid higher than the ones I turned in?

In order to make the BAA program fair and equal for all subscribers, due diligence should be given to find the best salvage value available. You need to turn in the highest bid you receive. If you feel uncomfortable dealing with the highest bidder due to fraudulent reputation or high freight costs please share this with BAA. Once settlement has been made, you assume full responsibility for the vehicle.

What if the total repair bill turns out differently than the estimate filed with BAA?

If the total repair bill is more than the estimate filed with us, BAA will gladly make a supplemental payment to you. If the total repair bill is less than the amount we paid you on the claim, the difference should be repaid to BAA.

Does BAA pay for towing or storage?

BAA will pay up to $1300.00 for accident related towing and/or storage charges and up to $6700.00 for trucks and heavy trailers. This applies to all vehicles enrolled in BAA. Please include towing and/or storage invoices when you file your claim.

Can I access my account info online.

At present this is not available. If you would like to receive an email with your statement, or a list of vehicles you have entered, or a declaration page for a specific vehicle, please go to the request info page, select what you need, and fill in the required details. We will try to respond within 1 business day.

Does BAA pay for fire calls?

BAA pays up to $6,000 for fire fighting charges. Please submit any fire fighting bills when you file your claim, or submit them at a later date if not available at the time of filing.